Friday, February 16, 2007

You're how old???

Male or female, ever happened to you?
Meet a potential...start chatting...'you're how old?'

I find it's been happening a lot lately! The younger generation are starting to look much older!
It's happened on numerous occassions now! The guys nowadays are built to be rugby players, dressed to be models, yet turn out to be younger than expected!
Maybe it's the same with girls i guess. I heard a lot of the guys complaining about the same issue:
'She's still in school!!' ....Sound familiar Clint? Only kidding:)

Well, was working the other night and my friend Teri and i were dared to go introduce ourselves to this potentially good looking guy, which may i add, i think his style of dress played a larger part than the 'pretty face' that walked through the door. Well, shy as i may be at times, i gave in to Teri's constant nagging and pleading. So we approached the table and introduced ourselves.

Ok so i kinda just followed the flow of it all. Turns out this guy had a good sense of humour, was well mannered, played rugby (how did i guess:) and a generally good , fun guy to be with. After a good hour or so, we find out he was only 18! Say what?? You would never think so!

Moving on! Listening to 5fm at the moment and they advertising this rock concert happening in both Johannesberg and Cape Town. I find it such a bummer that they not bringing it to Durban! That brings me back to the time i went to the Coca Cola Colab Mix a year ago! Was so awesome!
Ross (ex) actually bought me a ticket as a surprise. I still remember it was on the public holiday. The whole day was spent at the ABSA stadium! The ques were ridiculous and as we managed to shuffle around and settle in our seats, the bands proceeded. Ross hadn't attended the concert with me, as he was in Jo berg, so i went with his friends.
The day was amazing, however i still remember receiving an sms about an assignment being due the next day. Problem was, i hadn't started yet! So the evening hadn't ended after Metallica hovering the stage at the ABSA stadium, but rather at 4:00 in the morning, as i signed the final page of my assignment. My marks weren't very promising may i add.

So this year, i may seither pend the day moping about the absence of the concert in Durban this year, or...just go to Joberg! That would be actually pretty cool! Gonna look into that one!

Well, i've just arrived back from varsity and i always experience such contentment on a Friday afternoon! It's the weekend! Went for coffee with Lauren at Sprigs.
One question: Why do we tip them again?
It's the first time i've been there but it's actually a place where you go up and place your orders. You may either fetch your own food or they will bring it to you. At the end. You go up to the front and pay. So what do you do again? I dunno, maybe some of you will understand the concept a bit more than myself. Otherwise the cuppacino and bran muffin was great.

These are my intentions and whereabouts so far:

Tonight: Work and probably summin after. It won't be too much of an eventfull evening though, as my overdose on medication has lead me to a state of morbidity and weakness! (still a little sick and on antibiotics- may i add it was much of a challenge staying awake through a triple lecture and havimng to drive home afterwards!)

Tomorrow: Hitting the Pavillion again with my mother- she tends to hold my dads credit card which is always a bonus, and my negotiating skills always serves as an advantage in times like these:)

Tomorrow night: Nowhere else but the Sharks vs Highlanders rugby match at Durban ABSA stadium! You better all be there! 80s after? Depends where our energy levels are at and the crowd, but may be a possibility. And Roxy's got season tickets- always a benefit!

Sunday: My aunts birthday. So we probably gonna end up at John Dory's for lunch. I'm HOPING as much as posssible to attend church in either the morning or evening!

Otherwise guys, i'll keep you updated as much as possible!
Hope this blog didn't bore you too much my friends*

No comments: