Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Picking up the crumbs...

Hey all!

It's stinking hot and slowly but surely i'm peeling the gel off my nails one by one, watching the French pieces flake before me. Isn't this suppose to be an indication of nerves or summin? Well, i don't think i am.

I got a lot on my mind though and sometimes i really despise the fact that girls carry too many emotions. More so than guys? Ok so that's a stereotypical statement to make. I know guys can be emotional too i guess. Even when it comes to relationships. Somehow they seem to handle it better though right? Girls tend to carry it over their heads for way too long!

Girls become exceptionally sentimental, particularly in a relationship. They want to keep the photos, the letters, and anything possible that will remind them of where they've been and who they've known. Take note the next time you enter a girls room again.
Girls collect the crumbs they leave behind as they walk along the path of life. Guys however leave them behind, knowing well that the crumbs are there for a reason and are meant to stay. Little do we know, what an effect these memories have on us later in life. We tend to look back at previous events or stages in our life and sometimes experience a feeling of contentment, so much that you may even want to go back. Or every so often, as we stumble across these memories, we cannot help but fight back the lump in our throats.
How do we overcome these feelings? Or do we? It's obviously innate in every person to come to some form of realisation, where they have been in comparison to where they are now.

Sometimes i wonder what it would be like to go back. Back to those memories we now cherish.
What would we have changed? How would we have changed the situation or altered it to how we feel today? As much as it sounds as though i'm wishing my life away, i'm not. I'm justtrying to think of how maybe things would have been today if i had made alternative decisions, met different people or reacted differently in a situation. Sometimes i think i've screwed up totally with various parts in my life. Things i should or shouldnt have said. Things i should or shouldn't have done. And people i should have kept closer to heart than those who were merely known as 'friends'.

Out of all honesty, yes there are some things i would have changed, but maybe not all of it. Like they say, if it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger right?

I can see it now. When situations and reasonings to life seemed so transparent and opaque back then and appeared distant before my eyes, has become more distinct and fine now. Only now do i realise what sort of story life tells and and what picture it paints. However, it only comes visible to me as a blur. As life carries on, the picture becomes more define.

Anyway, it's just a thought.
I stumbled across these lyrics from the band The Fray. Many of you may have only become familiar of them now. The lyrics are touching and often it reminds me of a friend of mine. As i say, sometimes i wish i could go back in time and alter the situation a bit.
Just enough to make things a little better than what they are today.

If you ever get the time, listen to the song.

How To Save A Life The Fray lyrics
Artist: The Fray
Album: How To Save A Life

Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along

And pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life How to save a life

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: