Sunday, February 4, 2007

I saw him at the bar again...

Anyway... before i start off with him, let me just add a little thing about the ex.
Read my previous blog to get the story. Remember he told me about his new girlfriend? Anyway... i'm off the Joe Cools tonight for a good jol and i get this sms from the ex:

Ross: So on a scale from one to ten, how bumbed are you with me?

(huff/puff)....aaargh... honestly get over yourself now! I didn't say that but was definately thinking it! I bet he thinks i'm sitting at home, balling my eyes out and 'ignoring him' as he always says i do. Truth is, i'm sitting at joe's with a drink in my hand, chatting to a group of good people and snapping my fingers to the beats of the music:) So i haven't replied. That can wait a while:)

Onto this 'potentially hot friend' of mine:
I smsed him, knowing he was in the area, letting him know that we'll be at Joe Cools tonight. I didnt ask him or anything but kinda just let him know. Coincidentally, his reply was:

'Snap. great minds think alike. I'm busy driving there as i sms. See you now. Was a last minute thing.'

So anyway.. this is the funny part. I arrive at Joe Cools with my friends Roxy and Heather. Walk in, grab a drink and kinda suss out the scene but not search. I never search:) So i spotted him, but played it a bit. Pointed him out to my two friends and avoided eye contact with him. I was waiting to see whether or not he had spotted me out and whether or not he would approach me first. We grabbed a drink and hit the dance floor. Half an hour later, i'm thinking surely he must have seen me by now! So i make the move:

'Hey man. You here?'

His response was:

'Yip and i know you've seen me, and i've seen you. Just waiting for you to come say hello, i'm just trying to see something. Sorry just testing'

I was like ah ha how frikkin blind! Anyway, the three of us headed for the dance floor and he was nowhere in site. So i tried not to make it obvious but i was just scanning the place to see if he were anywhere. I turned around and i saw him watching me from a far. Blind! Anyway...
the evening was great! I met a couple of his friends and they were keen on my friends which was pretty funny!I just find it sometimes difficult to talk to somebody in that sort of environment. You can't hear a word they're saying! So we struggled a little bit when it came to having long conversations. It would have been awesome if we could chat more. Was pretty funny- this guy was dancing next to me and he was pretty annoying so my friends told me they were going to get a drink. After following them, this guy wants to carry on dancing with me. But i don't wanna be rude so i tell him, that i'm coming back etc. Anyway, at that moment my 'potentially, hot friend' from the other side of the club came and took my hand, and walked with me to the bar. Wait for it..... aaaaahhhhh:)
We really had an awesome time together though and it's an evening i'll never forget.

There's just like the chemistry there and everything and the attraction is there but it just aint happening. And like i say, in some sense i think we're both scared of ruining things between us, or hurting one another. I'm cool if we were to just stay friends i guess.

Anyway, we ended up leaving at about 1:00am, after finding out whether a guy working behind the bar had a girflfriend or not. It wasn't for me but for Roxy. I kind of mbarrassed her by telling the barman that she thought he was cute. (She did) So he said he thought she was cute too. After going back later, finds out he's gotta girlfriend anyway. He was such a cool guy with a good heart and good sense of humour!

Anyway... so that's it for now. Hope you managing to keep up with all this new news!
**Sweet dreams**

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Boys boys boys, is that all you ever think about Claricles???

sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

Yeah Brett, I agree with you. Claire, focus on something else... how about... girls?! ;)

Anyway, pity I didn't bump into you at Joe's last night; was actually quite cool (besides seeing that silly female).

JHB sucks so much. Heh. See you on the weekend.

Baai

Clint said...

HAHAHA, you make me laugh Claire. I DEF have to agree with B and K! And besides, we spoke about this at the burg, so come on. Shape up, or ship out... :P

Clint

Unknown said...

wow... i can say hi to everyone here. Boys boys boys... totally agree with brett. Enjoy your swinging singles and concerntrate on studies for a while... and have me round for for tea. love you monkey