Thursday, February 8, 2007

Is he playing mindgames with me?

Hey all!

Let me just start off by saying that i had an awesome time last night!
It all started off with dinner at an Italian restaurant for my gran's birthday in Hilllcrest.
I wasn't too hungry but surprisingly enough i managed to finish a dish by the name of Capatelli.
It's an tangy dish consisting of the penne pasta, filled with spinach, and coated in a creamy Roquefort sauce.Now i know what many of you are thinking at the moment but come on guys, it's a classic cheese and i love it! I flushed it down with a Southerns, lime and lemonade.Dessert? Didn't even consider it!
Now many of you may or may not know that my family can eat. When i say eat, i mean eat! I just do the mains and one or two drinks. Starters would happen occasionally but not often unless i share. May i just add that carla has now become my new partner at sharing starters!

Well.. moving on from that crap, Roxy came to pick me up from dinner and we went back to my house to get ready, straighten our hair etc. So squeezed into a little mini skirt, short enough to make me blush-kiddin:) Anyway, slapped on the makeup, slipped on the Stiletto heels and straightened our hair. Our hair was so.. straight it was ridiculously AWESOME! Sorry... moving on...

We left my house at roughly 9:45pm and picked Roxy's cousin up from the cricket at Kingsmead Stadium. We ended up at 80s and headed straight for the bar, where i broke loose from my famous spin and had a Savannah with lemon to start the evening off. I had no intentions drinking too much as i knew i had to sit through lectures the next day.
We hit the dance floor and the place was pumping. At first it looked like McDonald's playplace but it soon became a little more of the older crowd. We met up with a friend Mike and all his friends. They were really great guys and a lot of fun. I ended up arriving home at about 2am and crashed. OK so you want the juicy part right?
Well here it is... i saw him...

Yip that's it. I saw my 'potentially hot friend' from afar. I wasn't too keen approaching him first and thought i'd keep dancing. Besides, i'm always the one to approach him first and i never chase! It was like a reoccurance of Joe's where we both knew that we had seen each other but was just 'testing'. Although i was pretty sure this time, he hadn't known that i knew that he was there. (sorry for all the confusion but hope you keeping up) It was like i could see him from the corner of my eye looking at me, so i knew he had seen me, cause it happened a couple of time. Anyway, what made me so pissed off was that he started playing my game and gave it back to me. He starts chatting up a girl right NEXT to me! I was like 'aaargh whatever!'
A little later, we caught each other's eye and eventually he ended up dancing with us etc.
It's so awesome how we can have such a comfortable relationship with each other that either way we know it won't jeopordise the friendship... or will it?

You see, i'm generally good at reading people but i just cannot read him. He gives such mixed signals! Sometimes i generally think that there could be more from his side and i'm not going to go into detail why (sorry guys buy i gotta have a little bit of privacy in my own life too.. will let you in on so much and thats it:) Other times, i'm not sure. I think we both just love the flirting part of it but don't want anything to happe.I think what makes it difficult is that we're not in an exactlt perfect environment for conversation. I mean, what if all this can jeopordise our friendship and what if it does? I mean.. you may not believe me but i wouldn't want anything to happen between us. Ya he's hot and all and we're so alike in many ways, but i don't think i would want it to go further than this. I think he's the same. And he's a guy AND a rugby player! There are probably SO many girls out there chasing after him! I always tell him that but he doesn't believe it. Let me let you in on alittle more...

A year ago, over sms i told him that he deserves an awesome girl and he replied
'If i could get an awesome girl, it would be you. The problem is this girl doesn' want me.'
That's to cut a long and complicated story short. I don't know what to believe hey. Like i say, maybe it will effect our friendship because we both get kinda jeoulous if we see each other with another guy/girl. What if i start giving him the wrong impression and he tries to back off or something?
I'm really not prepared to risk it hey...

Please guys.. let me know what you think cause your say means so much!
otherwise thanks for lending me an ear*

Mwah*

2 comments:

sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

Stop playing games damnit! If you like the guy just go talk to him. Why do girls always expect the guy to do all the work?

I find it most amusing that girls will always argue for 'equal rights' and all that crap, but with equal rights comes equal responsibility! Why don't you put YOURSELF out there and stand the risk of getting hurt... it's what we have to go through so damn often!

So my advice: stop playing games. If you like the guy, go for it. Even if you think you like him, at least let him know. Maybe he's shy and has been hurt before from the previous zeitgeist of 'men must do all the work'.

:)

Unknown said...

AMEN Brother Kevin... Preach it! Girls can be soooo flipping complex, if you like the guy, TELL HIM.

Instead of wasting all our time reading about another encounter with no actual progress at the end, give us a real story where you go out on a limb, and get the guy you want!

Try practising to make a mans life a little easier. He may be waiting for you to make a move, maybe he thinks you're playing mind games with him??? Huh??? Clear the water, and stop the uncertainty.

Wether you do it now or in 2 years time, the results will probaby still be the same... If he likes you, there will be a relationship and all that goes with that. Otherwise it just continues with lots of tension and you possibly losing him to another woman, what do you have to lose?