Thursday, March 22, 2007

I thought i was special (tear)

What a bummer.. I thought i was special....

I've come to the conclusion that my attempted originality of posting Durban's pictures was not as sucessful as expected. Looking at a number of blogs and emails, it appears to me that i'm a little, let's just say behind with my posts. By the time the thought processing actually begins in my head about posting a gallery of natures effect on Durban, somebody has already kindly posted them for me on their sights. Well.. at least i can say i tried hey:)

Moving on.. i haven't kept many of you updated with my life at the moment?\
What can i say... life has been really hectic with varsity and all that my 'time out' is actually none existant at the moment and my 'fun evenings' are not even in my vocab at this moment in time.

I will however be heading to Kev's birthday celebration tomorow evening on the Ricksha bus around Durbs. It's a combined birthday held by three of them. Saterday il be venturing to the Sharks vs. Brumbies game, held at the ABSA stadium once again, where i will be screaming like a nut. Saterday day, i'm assuming will be spent at the Pavillion, scratching the pennies once again (what there is left of my burnt wallet). Sunday i'm going to make an attempt to crawl outta bed and waddle to church in the morning. If that doesn't succeed, i'l try the evening, as i always tend to enjoy the evening services.

Well... that's if all goes according to plan. Remember work? Well, they've been a little, let's just say 'leniant' and are allowing me to take off work in order to attend Splashy. (Can you believe i'm only the frikkin hostess and i actually need permission) Now the problem arises where a replacement is required for tomorow evening as i want to attend Kev's birthday, but due to not having another hostess (present in Durban this time), i may not be able to get off after all.. Hold thumbs for me and wish me luck- Luck for:

1. Getting a replacement or

2. Not getting fired for not finding a replacement and simply not showing up at work.

Will keep you updated but for now.. i know i have stax of work to get through and there's no way i'm doing any of it this weekend! Actually.. that reminds me about an Aural rehab test i have this weekend...aaargh... Ok.. Sunday night, late night cramming here we come. I tend to do better under these conditions funny enough. No one-week-in-advance story for me..Never works. Two weeks of slaving away at the books until Splashy and Easter break!

Two friends of mine (yes i tend to have more than the usual rent-a-crowd), are down from England. Man we use to have such jols together. Not only did they work with me when i was still a waitor, but we familiarised ourselves more with the Durban night life. We killed Tiger! Actually... we slaughtered it because we were there so much! Man does that place hold so many memories!

I still remember one fine evening, a couple of the guys a little to the extremes of intoxication and the girls headed down to North beach pier. Simple. Guys strip, guys jump, guys frolik in the waves and gasp for air as they try to maintain sanity. Guys get out of the water. One appearing to be a little more intoxicated than the other just struts but naked back onto the pier. Girls start blushing and threatening to chuck the clothes in the water. Overly intoxicated makes a second attempt and leaps again, being carried back to shore. The other became a little more sober as he hit the water, only then realising where he is and what he had just done. By this stage, he was in a little state of panic but managed to remain discreet as he merely laughed the situation off, as he gasped and choked for air. Ok so he made it back to shore, but i don't know how much money one will be willing to pay before he does that again:)

Anyway... this is it from me for now.
It's not very long or interseting, but hey.. it kept you going didn't it?
Will keep you updated soon soon! If i haven't replied, it's only because i didn't go to work and ended up going to the birthday most probably. But if i reply.... it's probably because i can't get to sleep after the birthday:) (NO WAY am i workin:)

See ya...
Mwah*

No comments: