Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hurricanes hit Durban

Ok.. apart from having an absolutely amazing winning at the durban ABSA stadium, sharks vs. the Hurricanes game on Saterday, it was amazing to see what else has been happening in and across Durbs lately...
Check this out...



































These are pictures of central Durban.. how amazing!

anyway.. this particular storm occured on Thursday evening roughly 10:00pm, as i was driving through the Waterfall sugarcane.

There were a number of reported power failures including Waterfall, Kloof and parts of Hillcrest. Driving thorugh Waterfall sugarcane wasn't a thrill at the time, considering there was no sign of any lights whatsoever! Not even candlelight! Apparently it had just occured. I arrived home and was rather apprehensive to walk from my garage to my front door as knowing my luck, the gale force wind, lightening and gushing rain would leave me stumbling around in the garden, drenched from head to toe, with have a number of electric bolts running through every system of my body at the same time.

So after some contemplation,i came to the conclusion of 'What the hell..' and i just galloped and leaped across every bush flung in my pathway. Murphy's law..(whoever the hell Murphy is?) we had put a gate and fence up beween the front door and the driveway in order to keep the dogs back. To unlatch this thing was beyond me. Managing to run into the front door.. yes thats it... INTO the front door.. i managed to regain my thoughts, open the door, only to find everybody scratching for candles.

anyway.. the next morning, the area was in a state and there were more trees uprooted than rooted. And that's my little say about my experience.

will add in a little more on my weekend tomorrow, as i am so far behind with my blog...
DEAL WITH IT!
Sweet dreams*


No comments: