Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It has to start somewhere...

So here i am writing my very first blog. I know the first blog should actually consist of an introductory paragraph or self evaluation of 'who i am' but firstly that would bore everybody that happened to so accidently stumble across my site, secondly i really dont think i know myself well enough to provide you with a self evaluation and thirdly i really don't have the effort or motivation to write one out:) I guess you'l get to learn more about me through the next couple of blogs! Yay.. how exciting!

I can start off by saying that i'm 20years old (turning 21 this year). I really dont know why i always add that last bit when people ask me. I guess it's suppose to make me feel older:) I don't know why because the older you get, the more you wished you were younger. Anyway... sorry, going off the topic! I'l add a little picture or something to this site, so i don't have to create any false images of me in your head. (My name's Claire by the way)

I'm at UKZN varsity studying Bachelor of Communication Pathology- Audiology.(huh???- ok i get that response often so for those of you who don't know what that entails, it's basically a degree in health science. It consists of speech therapy, sign language, installing hearing aids, detecting any hearing losses or even any physiological abnormalities regarding the hearing mechanism.....Ok im sorry... That sounds really boring and you probably going blah blah blah... so onto the next thing! Oh sorry, along that note, may i just add that we actually get to go into surgery and work with a neurologist on the brain. Thats cool i think... Moving on...

I stay at home with my parents and my brother. My brother's the one that actually mentioned this whole blogging idea to me cause he has a site himself.....yes ok his site is www.markfouche.blogspot.com .Along that line, i have to mention that my friend Kev also needs a little bit of credit, seeing as he was the one that nudged me that little bit further to starting up this site. So check his site out too at www.boredkevin.blogspot.com .Wow, they must be really special cause their sites get mentioned on my FIRST blog! Ok who am i kidding.. you probably came across their blogs before! Off the topic again..

Ok so i'l touch on a couple of my interests but i promise i won't get carried away!
I love fashion, designers, jewellery,makeup and shoes. My finger is constantly hitting the fashion channel, as i reach for the remote. I'm intrigued with not only the close but the finest details including makeup artists and hair designers. This became a career choice i had to make, after leaving matric. After much contemplation i came to the conclusion that audiology was going to be it and that i'l follow that path,once i have the degree behind me. It was the safer option, as the fashion industry demands excellence. On that note.. i'm going to take a little time off to travel after my degree. Or even a holiday around Europe or something. Cool hey!What's even more exciting is that i've never been overseas before or even on a PLANe! (aaagh shame...let me hear it) So thats going to be exciting cause i wouldnt even know where to begin or even what to do!

On the minor scales, i enjoy exercise. This may consist of a high sweat spinning or taibo class, concluding the evening with a few light weights. This is often recommended by those personal trainers that promise 'those great abbs and beautiful tone you've always wanted'.
I must say that i do try, but not all of us can pull off the same sexy body Jessica Alba carries around everywhere! And i LOVE surfing, even though i can't surf to save my life:( I guess it's just the frolicking in the waves that keeps me going back:)

I'm gonna leave it there for now i guess. Wouldn't want to bore you (i'm even boring myself here! It feels like i'm in primary school, writing an essay for my teacher here!)
I'm going to keep you updated with my life and let you into a little more of who i am very soon ok?! So just keep reading my blog site! (oh wait... i don't have any readers yet-aaaargh...man...)

Anyway.. gonna go sleep now!
Night Night*
Mwah*

1 comment:

Carla van Rooyen said...

Hey Claire

Just read your blog, Great first blog!! I to now am blogging thanks to your brother and Kevin. Every morning i religiously read their blogs like someone woudl read the newspaper. cant wait to read your next blog.

Carla