Saturday, January 27, 2007

80's here we come...

Arriving home from the berg, i get a number of smses on my phone. One of them being from my brother's girlfriend, Carla requesting that i join them for a pleasant dinner at John Dory's followed by a good night jol at 80's. Rumour was going round that 80's was hitting big and it was the place to be.
As black eyed and bushy tailed as i was from the berg, i'll never turn down an invite to a good night out in Durban. Even with my lack of clothes, i ws bound to make a plan!

The evening started off with dinner. Me being not so hungry had a John House Salad which i truly recommend for one who craves a tangy light meal. It's a salad consisting of lettuce, grilled chicken pieces, slices of avo, egg, bacon and wait for it...blue cheese sauce i.e. Roquefort sauce. Ok so blue cheese has more of an aquired taste i guess but i just love it. My brother and Carla both had a steak and Calamari special served with chips and onion rings. Calamari i must say is another favourite of mine but as i say, i don't think i could have managed to force down a whole dish of calamari by myself, that particular evening. My salad was accompanied by a Smirnoff Spin, which appears to have become my all round sort of drink now. I used to hit the Rose wine, but after bad experiences, it has become more of a 'speciality' now. I think it can be one of those drinks that if you drink too much of it, you just get sick of it!
Another favourite of mine is Southerns and Lime on the rocks (single or double, depending my mood:)

Moving on.. intentions were to wait for our friends Daniel and Nina (both work at John Dory's) both of whom were to finish their shifts at 9:00pm. After much waiting around and contemplating, the final decision was to hit BURN. First thing that came to my mind was that drinks were much cheaper than the usual club and i could wear flat shoes:) My brother anticipated that 80's would be too full and we would be better off at BURN. So BURN it was.

Walking in, we realise that it wasn't the place to be. Don't get me wrong... we sat down with a couple of drinks and chilled there for about an hour. My brother managed to squeeze in a couple of headbanging moves downstairs whilst Carla, Daniel and myself chilled on the balcony upstairs. It was a cool vibe but we came up with an even better idea- 54.
Ok so i haven't realy been much of a 54 sort of person but we had a real jol tonight. Well... i did!
It's always so satisfying walking into a club and chatting to a couple of old mates.(now i'm not talking about those old ones who don't actually give about you but just say hi to look good in front of their friends). I'm talking about those good mates that you can have a dance here and there with and just have a jol. The music was good, the vibe was good and the people were good too. I think we must have arrived at 54 at bout 12:00 and departed at about 2:00.
I think it brings back a lot of memories from last year as my friend Lauren and i have real good memories of last year there! We always used to hit the Strawberry Dacquiries! They were so cheap.

Well, after dropping my brother off at Carla's, i drove my dads car home and anticipated just crashing until i walked into my room and realised the state it was in! I had to clear my bed first before i got a good nights sleep. My head hit the pillow at 3:30am.

Well... that was my eventful evening after an eventful day... Sorry to say but there was no potential hey if that's what you're wondering. Maybe next time!
Well... my next destination is the new Joe Kools (that was an option for last night too)
That should be the next best place to be! I don't think it will be so young as Tiger became so there should be good potential there! That should be awesome.
On that note.. There's Lady's evening at 54 on tuesday and i actually think it's going to be big!

Chat later! Now i really need to sleep!
MwaH*

No comments: