Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Casablanca- To be or not to be...

Well, i'm caught in another frenzy of decisions i have to make again.
Ok actually it's just one choice i have to make.
My friend Teri asked me to join her at Casablanca tonight. I was stoked and amped at first but now i'm slowly having second thoughts.
It's not that i'm not keen but just a bit lets say.. weary.
Smses are as follows:

Teri: Hey kle. Are you keen for Casa tonight? A friend is looking for a date.

My first impression is: 'Cool i'm amped. Havent been there for a while')

My second impression is: 'ok here i am going with her and her boyfriend and his friends' I only really know Teri.Doesn't sound so bad does it? Sounds like bliss actually*

Third impression is: ok so they're a little bit of an older crowd right. Teri being roughly 25 and the guys being roughly in their late 20s, early 30s. Still would be fun to be with a new crowd.'

Fourth impression is: Maybe not.

so here i am sitting and contemplating. My reply is:

Kle: Is he hot? (it was a joke)

Teri: Well, there's two of them. One is blonde and the other is tall and dark. For a vibe...

So i was like hhmm... truth was that i actually wasn't going for them at all. I just wanted to suss out what crowd was going and whether i would actually get on with these guys or whether they would simply get there, get pissed out of there minds, start grabbing your ass like it's a free for all and offering to buy you a drink just to see you get pissed enough to be with them in the subconscious state. And may i mention that the smell of stale, alcohol breath is the least bit attractive, especially when clouds of smoke are blown in your face at the same time!

I'm not generalizing at all. I just heard through Teri the sort of things her boyfriends friends get up to. I'm totally in for an evening of fun and as pissed as they may be, i'm sure i'l get on with them more, but i don't really want to go tonight with any expectations of being with somebody just for the sake of it. I would prefer to go with the crowd, have a couple of drinks and have a jol. I'm not jus going to be another name on a list or just another girl in a club. That doesn't mean i'm going to blow tonight off though. I'l give it some thinking:) I'm actually getting pretty mellow as we speak. Besides, Teri and i are VERY different shall we say:) We get on so well yet we are two totally differnt people. Lets say... she's not very shy when it comes to guys. Don't get me wrong. That's not the reason why i'm having second thoughts about tonight.
I think i'm gonna stick to my last impression.... Maybe not

Anyway, let me know what you males and all my male friends out there have to say. Hope i haven't blown things out of preportion. Maybe these guys tonight aren't the sort of guys i'm assuming them to be.
Anyway... will let you know if i end up going or not.
I really am still keen for a good nights jol though;)

mwah*

No comments: